- You can't avoid office politics - Doesn't matter if you are a janitor or a CEO of your own business: There are always office politics.
- You'll never have a job which you "can't quit" - If you are being mistreated,exploited or under-appreciated...LEAVE
. You'll eventually find another job (although it may not be a better one).
- You learn by listening, not talking - You'll learn by listening rather than talking in almost every job.
- ALWAYS look for another job - You wouldn't load your weapon as soon as you see an animal while you are hunting; you'd do it before you go into the woods. Why wait until you need to look for a job, to look for a job?
- Don't tell your co-workers about your personal business - Unless you want (or need) your personal affairs to become fodder for office gossip, leave them off of your job.
- If you are genuinely sick - DON'T COME TO WORK - Regardless of whatever you hear, stay home and get well. Your co-workers don't want to (or need to) get your illness.
- Always say "Thank You" and "Please" when it is appropriate to do so - Nobody likes rude or uncouth co-workers, and manners go a long way.
- Think before you speak - If it doesn't sound "good" in your head, it will sound even worse from your mouth.
- Avoid people with bad attitudes unless you need their help - They'll just bring you down or make you cynical.
- Remember that a job is an inanimate object - Never love it, because it will never love you. If you have to "love" something...love the work that you do; not where you do it.
Wednesday, August 28, 2013
Posted by DreamFedJob at 11:18 AM