Monday, August 4, 2014

I hate my boss, what can I do?


If I had a penny for every time I have heard this, I would be writing this blog from my permanent residence in Costa Rica. Yes, some bosses are definitely extremely difficult to deal with but being angry about it is not going to help you or your career.  You may ask yourself, why play games and change the negative into a positive? Why do I have to pretend that I don't hate my boss?

Well... you don't have to pretend anything but you need to realize that a little change on your part, could go a long way with your relationship to your boss. If you feel like killing someone, will you be honest and kill him? I don't suppose so. When you are upset, be honest and say yes, I am upset. Then, will staying upset help you? I don't think it will, and for this reason I would encourage you to change. You'd be surprised how a small change in your attitude towards your boss can change your perception of him/her and make your job a lot easier.

I recently read this story and I think it is appropriate for this blog.

A lady approached a Taoist monk and told him, 'My mother-in-law is creating hell in my life, can you give me some medicine to be given to her that would make her die?'

The monk gave her some medicine and asked her to mix it in tea before giving it to her mother-in-law. The only condition, he said, 'Be very kind and loving to her, only then would the medicine work. Also when she dies no one will suspect you. She will die after two months.'

After one month she returned to the monk and pleaded, 'I do not want my mother-in-law to die, she has changed. She is very kind to me nowadays.' The monk said, 'More than the medicine, it is your love that worked.'

Enough said!

No comments:

Post a Comment