Friday, October 5, 2012

Resume Basics for Private or Government Resume, Part 2

Deciding What to Include

This may vary from job to job, so keep your mega-data file accessible. In order to clarify what is relevant to a particular job, ask yourself the following questions:
  • What skills do I want to use in my next job?
  • What do I do best?
  • What skills have I developed?
  • What work experience have I found satisfying?
  • If I am looking at a specific job description, what skills and experiences are identified?
  • What is important about my education? (This usually includes degrees and perhaps specific courses.)
  • Are there unique experiences or talents I want to share?
Take time to answer these questions thoughtfully. Doing so will make the task of creating a resume easier. Then organize your materials to answer these questions. There may be some overlap, and that's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment